|| little local love list ||
Posted on November 18 2014
Ok by now we should be pretty much out of hibernation and ready for some Summer loving! This warm change has us wondering, what is there to do in this glorious city we live in?! We asked some local movers and shakers what they rate as their top 3 Newcastle experiences for some summer time inspiration.
Alex, Artist and Designer - Wisteria Paper
1. Asa Don - Japanese Restaurant, Newcastle - Perfect for yummy Japanese date night
2. Baked Uprising - Bakery Cafe, Wickham - Incredible Bread, butter & pastries
3. Antique Centre, Honeysuckle - Amazing place for presents
Annie, Artist and Designer - Annie Everingham Designs
1. Yoga for all! - The beautiful ‘pay as you go’ yoga studio in Bolton Street. A class completely free of judgement and pretence, it’s the perfect place to unwind after a stressful day or start your Saturday morning before a coffee on Newcastle beach.
2. Scotties Fish Café in Newcastle East - This has got to be the most charming and tastefully styled café in Newcastle, and it’s right near the beach in my favourite suburb, under the palm trees and fairy lights!
3. The Flower Man (Hunter Street Markets) - The amazing $10 bunches of fresh flowers in the Hunter Street Mall, Thursday to Saturday! Sold by the sweetest man around, they are my weekly ritual.
Ali, Designer and Director - Jude Australia
1. Strezleki - A secret spot to soak 360 degree views of Newcastle's beaches, up to Nelson Bay and out to the Hunter Valley is on the headland between Strezleki and Bar Beach. I go walking up there most mornings, and it is the perfect spot for a picnic on a beautiful sunny day. You can access the headland via stairs on Memorial Drive.
2. Merewether Surf House - For me, Newcastle is all about soaking up the sunshine whilst enjoying the beautiful beaches. I love taking guests for a cocktail at Merewether Surf House, mainly for the gorgeous vista that you get out to the ocean.
3. Hello Naomi - For those with a sweet tooth, Hello Naomi is a gorgeous little cupcake bakery on King Street in town. Owned and operated by a gorgeous local gal Naomi, her cupcakes, cakes and sweet treats are to die for.
Stacey, Designer and Director - marlow
1. Baked Uprising - Rarely a week goes by where we don’t drop by Baked Uprising in Maryville to pick up a City Loaf or a few treats. Always hard to go past the Blueberry Cheesecake muffin!
2. Sprout Canteen - A favourite family outing is heading to Sprout Canteen in Honeysuckle for lunch followed by a visit to the adjoining Newcastle Museum so the boys can have a play in Mininova and an exploration of Supernova.
3. Dudley Beach - A walk along Dudley Beach is a real treat. There is no better combination than beach and bush and this secluded beach delivers this perfectly.